Cash Benefit Plans
A Short-Stay Nursing Home Insurance Plan
Who needs EquiCare® 790?
Many of us, a projected 70% of Americans over the age of 65, will need some type of long term care services at some point during our lifetime.(1) This becomes more likely as we age. Not only is the cost of this care expensive but many of us may not be able to afford to purchase comprehensive long term care insurance protection to cover this need. Equitable Life & Casualty Insurance Company developed EquiCare® 790 to help protect against this financial risk.
EquiCare® 790 has been designed to provide your choice of coverage for some or all of a short term nursing home stay of up to 350 days. Everyone's personal financial situation is different. EquiCare® 790 offers you the options to design a plan of coverage that will fit your individual budget. You can purchase the maximum coverage or keep the cost lower by adding an elimination period. Either way, you make the choice that is right for you and your family.
- You can choose a daily cash benefit from $50/day to $300/day (depending on age) in $10 increments.*
- You can choose a benefit period of 100 days, 150 days, 200 days, 250 days, 300 days or 350 days.*
- You choose an elimination period of 0 days, 30 days or 90 days.
- You qualify for benefits if:
- You cannot perform two or more of six ADLs (Activities of Daily Living); or
- You have a cognitive impairment (such as Dementia or Alzheimers disease).
- Your EquiCare® is guaranteed renewable as long as you pay your premiums on time.**
- Your EquiCare® offers a 10% discount for couples who are both insured.
With this simple but innovative policy, you can help protect you and your family from the financial risk of a nursing home stay of less than one year. Here are just a few reasons why you may need EquiCare® 790:
- Provides you with up to 350 days of protection(in addition to what Medicare or other coverage provides). Thats up to $105,000 of benefits (at $300/day)!
- Provides reasonably priced protection.
- Provides "Peace of Mind" knowing you and your family are protected for up to 350 days.
- Provides extra benefits for coverage you may have that has not kept up with local care costs.
*For specific costs and further details of the coverage, including exclusions, any reductions or limitations and the terms under which the policy may be continued in force, please contact Equitable or an Equitable Agent. **The premium is subject to change but only if the premium changes for all policyowners in your same class of benefits.
Sources: (1) http://www.longtermcare.gov/LTC/Main_Site/Planning/Index.aspx
The policy described above is not available in all states. The policy contains certain limitations and exclusions, which may vary by state.